PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT SUBMIT THE ONLINE APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE UPLOADED ONTO THE APPLICATION ANY NECESSARY SUPPORTING MATERIALS (see list below). You can return to your application any number of times until all items have been uploaded – THEN click on the submit button.
Your application will be complete when Credo has received each of the following items:
(applications will not be acted on until all items are completed)
- Online Application
- Application Fee:
- Pay at the end of online application
- $45 before February 1
- $55 after February 1
- Credo Alumni: $25 for any program before February 1
- Digital Photo of the applicant – uploaded in the online application
- Audition – either uploaded in the digital application, or live audition (see Audition tab for schedule)
- Recommendation letter (from teacher, orchestra director, youth leader, pastor, or employer) – either mailed directly to Credo at the address below, or uploaded in the online application. Returning students need not provide a recommendation letter. Instead, simply please insert your own name and address in lieu of the ‘required’ reference information.
All students must audition for admission and placement. Live auditions are preferred. Video auditions (for those who live more than 100 miles from live audition sites, or are submitted after live audition days) may easily be attached to the application.
Both string and piano applicants are required to audition with two pieces or movements in contrasting styles; one should demonstrate technical abilities, the other melodic abilities.
Below is the schedule of audition dates.
Please indicate on your online application which audition date you prefer.
We will contact you to schedule your specific audition time and answer any questions about the audition process two weeks before the audition is to occur.
|February 6||Oberlin, OH|
|February 13||Oberlin, OH|
|February 15||Chicago, IL|
|February 20||Oberlin, OH|
|March 12||Chicago, IL|
Additional dates to be announced mid-November.
2016 Deadline & Admissions Timeline
|Nov. 20 (approx.)||Application Opens|
|Feb. 15 – March 15||A limited number of applicants will be admitted via “rolling admission”|
|March 10||Completed applications are due for financial aid applicants (program application and financial aid application materials)|
|March 25||Completed applications due for ALL applicants|
|April 1-10||Admissions decisions made|
|April 1-15||Initial $100 tuition deposit due 2 weeks after notification; additional $300 due by April 15|
|April 15||Total $400 tuition deposit due|
|May 15||Students on Wait List notified of final status (some wait list students will be invited to participate in Prelude Boston)|
|June 20||Tuition/Room/Board Balance Due|
Student registration forms due (available on website May 1)