PLEASE NOTE: DO NOT SUBMIT THE ONLINE APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE UPLOADED ONTO THE APPLICATION ANY NECESSARY SUPPORTING MATERIALS (see list below). You can return to your application any number of times until all items have been uploaded – THEN click on the submit button.
Your application will be complete when Credo has received each of the following items:
(applications will not be acted on until all items are completed)
- Online Application
- Application Fee:
- Pay at the end of online application
- $45 before February 1
- $55 after February 1
- Credo Alumni: $25 for any program before February 1
- Digital Photo of the applicant – uploaded in the online application
- Audition – either uploaded in the digital application, or live audition (see Audition tab for schedule)
- Recommendation letter (from teacher, orchestra director, youth leader, pastor, or employer) – either mailed directly to Credo at the address below, or uploaded in the online application. Returning students need not provide a recommendation letter. Instead, simply please insert your own name and address in lieu of the ‘required’ reference information.
All students must audition for admission and placement. Live auditions are preferred for Credo Oberlin. Video auditions are perfectly acceptable for Credo New England, Credo Flute, and Credo Orchestral.
All applicants are required to audition with two pieces or movements in contrasting styles; one should demonstrate technical abilities, the other melodic abilities. Specific excerpts from the literature will be posted for Credo Orchestral applicants – after November 1.
Below is the schedule of audition dates.
Please indicate on your online application which audition date you prefer.
We will contact you to schedule your specific audition time and answer any questions about the audition process two weeks before the audition is to occur.
|February 4||Oberlin, OH|
|February 18||Oberlin, OH|
|February 19||Chicago, IL|
|February 20||Wheaton or Elmhurst, IL|
|February 25||Oberlin, OH|
Check back mid-November for additional audition dates.